Associate Professor, Organizational Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts, Universidad del Pais Vasco
- Master of Education, University of Minnesota
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Minnesota
- Organizational Systems
- Ethical Leadership and Sustainable Organizations
- Leadership Theory and Practice
- Interpersonal Communications for Leaders
- Women in Leadership
- Leading in Diverse Communities
- Gender and Power
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Helena Knörr, Ph.D, is an associate professor in the School of Business. She started the new graduate program in organizational leadership and served as the director of the program from 2006-2007. Currently, she teaches courses in the M.B.A. and M.A. in organizational leadership programs.
An inveterate passionate traveler, Knörr worked several years in Spain and the United States. She holds a Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota, specializing in human resource development. In addition, Knörr serves as a reviewer and consulting editor for several peer-reviewed journals and professional organizations and is the director of the Global Entrepreneurship Program for Women in Latin America.
- Co-authored "Motivations and differences upon reconciling professional and personal life: An empirical study of businesswomen and businessmen in the Valencian Community," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Sept. 2011.
- "Developing the female entrepreneur from a Human Resource Management perspective: Lessons from women who reached top management," International Journal of Manpower, 2011.
- Co-authored "Employee extra-role job behavior: A perspective from the direct and indirect consequences of supervisor's ethical leadership" published in Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 2011.
- “Values, Ethics and Sustainable Development of Businesses," Second International Meeting in Entrepreneurship Development, Mexico City, Mexico, June 2014.
- "Developing Women Leaders and Entrepreneurs," Red EmprendeSur international conference, Medellín, Columbia, October 2013.
- "Understanding the career development experiences of women entrepreneurs," 2012 Conference of the International Network of Business and Management Journals, Valencia, Spain.
- Presented workshop on "Women Entrepreneurs" at the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona.
- Presented workshop on "Madrid Conflict Resolution and Negotiation Skills" at Universidad Politecnica de Madrid.
- "Young entrepreneurs innovate in Europe, what makes them different?" and "From employees to entrepreneurs: the relevance of virtues," 2010 Conference of the International Network of Business and Management Journals, Valencia, Spain.
- Women in leadership
- Career development
- Organization development
- Organization culture
- Ethics in the workplace
- Work-family balance
In the News
- "Three pieces of advice from Mexico to the world," Forbes Mexico, June 29, 2014.
- "VII Workshop Medellín Un Espacio Para Emprendimiento Y La Innovación," TVNtucanal, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "Cuando emprender tiene apellido social," El Colombiano, Oct. 4, 2013.
- "Helena Knörr, Panelista del VII Workshop," Alfanoticias, October, 2013.
- "Viva Una Experiencia Única. Global. Desde Su Casa," doinGlobal, October 2013.
- "Newsmaker: Helena Knörr," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, April 4, 2013.
- "Point Park University sends professors to students," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Sept. 2, 2012.
- "A 'Lost Boy of the Sudan' Talks New Documentary," CBS Pittsburgh, April 17, 2012.
Point Park Features
- "Organizational Leadership Professor Helena Knörr Presents in Mexico City," Point Park University website, June 30, 2014.
- "Point Park Professors Discuss Global Immigration Issues at Faculty Colloquium," Point Park University website, April 28, 2014.
- "Helena Knörr Teaches Students to be Agents of Change," The Point, Fall 2013 issue.
- "M.A. Organizational Leadership Student Honored by the PA Institute of Certified Public Accountants," Point Park University website, Dec. 5, 2012.
- "Assistant Professor Helena Knörr to Discuss Worldviews of Women's Education," Point Park University website, March 23, 2012.
- "Alumna Rachael Otieno Helps Launch Non-Profit in Kenya," Point Park University website, May 19, 2011.