Professor, International Economics and Global Management
- B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh
- Advanced Certificate in International Political Economy from the University of Pittsburgh
- International Economics
- International Political Economy
- Quantitative Management
- Macro-Projects and International Regimes
In addition to Point Park University, Dimitris Kraniou, Ph.D., has taught at the University of Charleston, University of Rio Grande, and the University of Pittsburgh. Also, he has been a visiting lecturer/professor at a number of U.S. and international institutions.
- International regimes
- Macro-Project management
- Outer space resource utilization issues
- Systems theory
- International economics
- Multinational corporations
- Managerial economics
- Economic growth and development
- International political economy issues
- European issues with specific attention paid to the Southeastern Mediterranean Basin
Professional Development and Affiliations
- Completed "Quality Matters Applying the QM Rubric" online workshop, July 15, 2014.
- Member of several academic associations including the Hellenic Society of International Law and International Relations
- Vice-president and treasurer of the American Society for Competitiveness, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Advisory committee member, ISAW4: Fourth International Space Arts Workshop
- Former chair of the Greek Room Committee, University of Pittsburgh
- Former president of the Pan-Ionian Society
Selected Scholarly Presentations
- "Economics/Exonomics and Outer Space," co-presented with Richard Lowenberg, ISAW4: Fourth International Space Arts Workshop, Taksha University and Taksha Institute for Space Arts, May 20-22, 2013.
- "Expanding Academic Horizons: Strategies for International Student Recruitment and International Cultural Awareness," co-presented with Archish Maharaja, Ed.D., and Dawn Parasolick, M.B.A., IACBE Annual Conference, Orlando, Fla., April 16-19, 2013.
- "Exonomics and Meta Law: A Discussion on Extraterrestrial Economics and Outer Space Law," Carnegie Mellon University's College of Fine Arts, Nov. 19, 2012.
- “Issues of immigration and migration affecting Greece, its economy, the European Union and Greek society,” Carnegie Mellon University International Film Festival Greek Film Soiree, sponsored by the American Hellenic Foundation of Western Pennsylvania, March 20, 2011.
- "Economic Issues of Outer Space,” Carnegie Mellon University College of Fine Arts, March 16, 2011.
- "Sustainability for Multinational Corporations through Knowledge Creation and Management,” with Archish Maharaja, Ed.D., The Northeastern Association of Business, Economics and Technology Conference, State College, Pa., Oct. 20, 2010.
- “Knowledge Creation in Multinational Corporations,” with Archish Maharaja, Ed.D. and Andrew McIntyre, The 17th Annual International Conference on Advances in Management, Atlanta, Ga., July 14-17, 2010.
In the News
- "Dimitris Kraniou Teaches Economics in the USA," Tharros News, Jan. 12, 2014.
- "Newsmaker: Dimitris Kraniou," Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Nov. 29, 2013.
- "Exploiting Extraterrestrial Resources: Economic and Legal Issues in Outer Space," WESA 90.5, Pittsburgh's NPR News Station, April 24, 2013.
- "Foreign firms call Pittsburgh home," Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Sept. 22, 2009.
Point Park Features
- "Point Park Professors Discuss Global Immigration Issues at Faculty Colloquium," Point Park University website, April 28, 2014.
- "Professors, Alumna Discuss International Student Recruitment at IACBE Conference," Point Park University website, April 23, 2013.
- "Department of Global Management and Organization Hosting 10-Day Trip to Greece," Point Park University website, Oct. 19, 2012.
- "Professor Travels the Southeastern Mediterranean, Meets Greek Orthodox Patriarch of Jerusalem," Point Park University website, Aug. 23, 2012.
- "M.B.A. Students Enhance Analytical Skills Through Course on Extraterrestrial Issues," Point Park University website, July 23, 2012.
- "Point Park Professors to Discuss the Current State of Natural Resources Overseas," Point Park University website, March 26, 2012.
- "'2011: The Global System in Crisis' Presentation on Oct. 27," Point Park University website, Oct. 13, 2011.